UCLA is the second best public university and has the largest number of students in the state of California and is the most popular university in terms of applications for admission to the United States. It is located in Westwood (Los Angeles).
It offers 337 undergraduate and graduate programs in a wide range of specialties. With a student body of about 29,000 undergraduates and 13,000 graduate students.
It is the third oldest system of the University of California campus.
It contains the UCLA Library, which holds over 8 million volumes, is among the top 3 in the United States.
It also includes sculptural gardens, fountains, museums and a mix of architectural styles.
It’s divided into:
- North Campus: faculties related to the arts, humanities, social sciences, law and business schools.
- South Campus: focused on the physical sciences, life sciences, engineering, psychology, mathematics, health sciences and the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Centre.
The estimated costs for an academic year are $ 34,062 but most families pay less than full price. In fact, 44% of students do not pay tuition at all.
UCLA offers financial support that may be awarded based on need, academic merit, background, specific talents or professional interests:
- UCLA Regents Scholarships (merit-based): http://www.financialaid.ucla.edu/Prospective-Student/Scholarships#10689508-ucla-regents-scholarship
- UCLA Alumni Scholarships (merit-based): https://alumni.ucla.edu/scholarships/prospective-students/
- UCLA Achievement Scholarships (merit- and need-based): http://www.financialaid.ucla.edu/Prospective-Student/Scholarships#10689507-ucla-achievement-scholarship
All of our residence halls are within a couple minutes’ walk of each other – and classes not much farther away. Along that walk, students enjoy such amenities as palm-tree terraces, cafes, vibrant vistas and recreation centres. Just one stroll around campus and you’ll understand why more than 96% of freshmen live here.
More information: https://housing.ucla.edu/
Clubs & organizations:
There are more than 1,000 clubs and student organizations:
- Career Planning
- Greek life
- GSA affiliated
- Heath & Wellness
And more in: http://www.studentgroups.ucla.edu/home/
UCLA has excellent sports facilities:
- American football field à Rose Bowl
- Basketball pavilion à Pauley Pavilion
Officials teams of UCLA:
- American football
- Beach volleyball
- Swimming (The women’s water polo team has given the university, in 2007, their national title number 100, an absolute record in the NCAA.)
Elite athletes: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Reggie Miller, Jimmy Connors, Bill Walton, Jackie Joyner-Kersee, Baron Davis, Kevin Love, Russell Westbrook, Arthur Ashe y Jackie Robinson proceden de la UCLA.